The Bud Light Trail (BLT) is very proud to announce the names of some really special people who will be joining the BLT staff this fall and in the spring of 2011 to help with the BLT program expansion.
- Carl Wengenroth will be the MC/TD for the BLT Amistad spring team Division that begins in 2011. Carl is a fish care expert, B.A.S.S. fish care coordinator in Texas, owns the Anglers Lodge at Lake Amistad, has a genuine interest in the sport of bass fishing and is an avid angler.
- Paul Jeffcoat will be the MC for many of our Region 2 tournaments. Paul has extensive experience as a TD, is a serious tournament angler and is serious about proper fish care.
- Mark Perry will be the MC for our 2011 Region 2 Solo Divisions. Mark is also a serious tournament angler, has a passion for the sport of Bass fishing and will be a real asset to the BLT program.
- John Salamone will be the MC for our 2010 BLT Jasper fall team Division ($160 entry fee) and the 2011 BLT Rayburn Premier spring team Division ($300 entry fee). John is a seasoned TD with a passion for the sport of bass fishing and an accomplished angler.
- Chuck Guthrie will be returning as the MC for our 2011 Belton and Temple area tournaments. Chuck owns the Tightlines Tackle store, is a seasoned TD, an accomplished angler and has a real passion for the sport of bass fishing.
The BLT staff is very excited to have these men join us. They will bring years of experience to the BLT program. Our goal will be to provide a premier angling experience for all the anglers who choose to fish with us. We will be focused on proper fish care, angler payouts and sponsor value. We have some really great sponsors this year and are set to add some more in 2011. The BLT program passes 100% of the sponsors’ money and prizes to the anglers. Our sponsors will add value for the anglers in our BLT program.
The BLT program will be continuing our partnership with the Honey Hole All Outdoors (HHAO) TV show in 2011. Anglers will be seeing a lot more BLT tournaments on the HHAO weekly TV show. They will be filming on a variety of lakes all over Texas. Future shows will feature local anglers who enter our tournaments and continue to give pro tips from the show’s host, Bill Wilcox. The HHAO TV show will be developing a youth tournament program that should be up and running by 2011. Details will be announced soon. We are very honored to be part of the HHAO show.
In 2011, the BLT Team Divisions will offer two Regions with a variety of lakes and schedules for the anglers across Texas and part of Louisiana to choose from. If the angler’s fish in 4 of the 5 tournaments in one Team Division or finish in the top 50% of final YTD weight rankings after 5 tournaments, they will qualify to fish in the two Championships in their Region. If the anglers fish in a Team Division in each Region, they could qualify to fish in 4 Region Championships. Any Team that finishes in the top 50% of any of the 4 Region Championship tournaments will qualify to fish in the BLT State Championship tournament in November on Lake Sam Rayburn. Our Fall 2010 and Spring 2011 Team Divisions can qualify for the 2011 BLT Team Championships.
We will also be offering a Solo Tournament Division and a Couples Division in the spring and fall of 2011. We look forward to meeting new members and our BLT staff is eager to answer your questions and respond to your thoughts.
USA Bass Trails/Bud Light Trail Officials